What is ILCSWMA?
Established in 1993, ILCSWMA is a not-for-profit professional association for local level solid waste management professionals and other interested parties.
ILCSWMA is dedicated to providing a forum for networking and information exchange among solid waste professionals in Illinois.
ILCSWMA encompasses all areas of local government solid waste involvement:
- Refuse Collection & Disposal
- Recycling & Waste Prevention
- Solid Waste Enforcement
- Solid Waste Education and Information
ILCSWMA Member organizations include:
- Counties (solid waste agencies, health departments, planning departments, County Boards, State's Attorneys)
- Municipalities (elected officials, solid waste coordinators, public works departments)
Affiliate Members include:
- State agencies and organizations
- Consulting and Engineering firms
- Colleges and Universities
- Keep Illinois Beautiful affiliates
- Community groups
- Private companies
Benefits of ILCSWMA Membership?
- Quarterly meetings held in each region provide members the opportunity to interact with each other and learn about the latest programs, activities and developments by way of updates, tours and featured speakers.
- Illinois Solid Waste News, the periodic ILCSWMA newsletter, provides members with timely and informative articles on solid waste management activities in Illinois.
- Legislative Updates provide members with background on pending state and federal legislation which could potentially impact their programs.
- Workshops are held each summer on various topics of interest to ILCSWMA members. Past workshops have focused on siting of pollution control facilities, solid waste enforcement, and solid waste education
- Plus, Much More!
ILCSWMA is the voice for local solid waste management officials. No matter if you are a planner, inspector, educator, facility operator, or an elected official, ILCSWMA can benefit you and your organization.